Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where did you go June?

It is the last day of June, and where the hell did the time go?

I knew from the beginning of June that I would not be updating the blog very often. So here's a quick update of June...

In June,

I went to Disneyland and Magic Mountain. I ate 7 churros that week! (Don't judge, churros are their own food group in my mind!) D-land was a lot of fun, and I cemented my status as the best shooter on the Buzz Lightyear ride. I have now beaten every single one of my friends.

On our way home, we had lunch at a cute Greek restaurant in LA called, Le Petit Greek. This restaurant is owned by someone with the same last name as my mom's family, but it is spelled differently. Apparently, on Ellis Island the person whop checked in my family did not understand them, because there are at least three different way to spell my Mom's maiden name. The food there was soooo good! Greek is difficult to make and there are not many authentic Greek restaurants in the Bay Area, so this was a real treat!

I also read the first four Pretty Little Liars books. I felt like a creep reading books that were written for teenagers, but the dramam and suspense was outrageous! I loved the books, and have been watching the new series on ABC family, so it's easy to say I'm a fan. I would definitly recommend the books and have even tried to pawn them off on my 15 year old cousin, but she isn't into reading during summer. Ahhh to be young!

I started my 365 photo project on June 2. So far, so good, but I have mostly been using my cell phone camera, just because it's easier to get the pictures on to my computer and I always have my phone with me. Photos will be going up soon! yay!

The weekends of June were dedicated to Graduate School. I was in class every single Saturday and Sunday. Now that's dedication. In class, I learned about the Principles of Marriage and Family Therapy and Law and Ethics in Psychology. In the Principles class, we did a lot of role play, both being patients and therapists. I never knew how good I was at channelling a paraniod schizophrenic, haha. I never thought I was a good actress, but that performance deserved an oscar! :) I am so happy to have the rest of summer off of school. I have officially ended my first year of graduate school!

I visited my friend who moved an hour away with her boyfriend. Their house is amazing, although empty! The house is huge, but they have yet to decorate rooms other than the rooms they definitly use, like thir bedroom and the living room, but every other room is waiting. When I was visiting her, we went to Sonic, which I have never been to. My slushy was AWESOME! I wish there was a Sonic closer to home. Although I would never give up In and Out for a Sonic, but it would be nice to have both!

My old cheerleading coach facebooked me in June to help her with the new squad at my high school. Going back to high school is very interesting. Listening to the girls talk transports me back to that place. Luckily, I liked high school, so it's not bad. I'm excited to help out through the year.

I had an awesome dinner party on the last friday of June. I even made Red Velvet Cupcakes from scratch. I was very proud of myself. Those cupcakes were so good! Learning to make Red Velvet cupcakes and having a dinner party were two things I could check off my 101 in 1001 list.

Today, the last day of the month, I will be driving to this park with a pool with my girlfriends. Living on the coast of Northern California can be a drag during summer. Where I live we don't really get sun, the sun comes in August and September, so we have to drive to find sun. So here we go. I actually have a pretty good base tan right now, but only because I lay out in my backyard every single free moment I have that the sun is shining.

July has many great things to come. A 50th birthday party on a grand scale, a cruise, mexico, napa valley... hopefully, I will be more motivated to blog, because I will have more going on. We shall see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment