Thursday, May 13, 2010

to Kindle or not to Kindle....

I have been wanting a Kindle for the past few months, probably since before Christmas. It was just my birthday and I got a little money so I'm am now wondering if I should sink that money in the a Kindle.

Photobucket

I actually read a lot and am constantly purchasing books from Amazon. I'm a sucker for the recommendations page, of course they know what I love, they track what I buy! Anyway, I'm getting to the point that I just don't have enough space to keep all the books I read. So I'm toying with the idea of going for it, but I am having difficulties.

I want to actually hold and play with it before I spend $250 plus about $40 for a case, on my new toy. I also want to make sure that I will actually use it. I wish Amazon would put it in a store like best buy or something so I can actually see and touch it.

Recently I have seen a few around and have asked those random strangers how they like it. One loved it while another said she got it for a gift and probably would not have bought it for herself. It has amazing reviews on Amazon, but sometimes those can be pretty one-sided (anyone hear about the yelp controversy?)

So I'm sending it out to you... does anyone who is reading this actually have a Kindle? How do you like it, do you actually use it. Do you feel like you're actually saving money and space with the downloadable books? Do you know anyone with a Kindle? Do they like it?

hmmmmm.... decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment